Passage into Seconde
At the end of Troisième (Ninth Grade) all American Section students are expected to move up into Seconde (Tenth Grade). The FAQ below answers common questions about the “passage” from Troisième into Seconde, for students on either Middle School campus. It was written for a parent whose child is already in the American Section.
FAQ - "Passage" into Seconde at the Lycée International
- What exactly is meant by the word “passage”?
- What factors determine a child’s successful “passage” into Seconde?
- I’ve been told that there are a limited number of spots for admission into Seconde, and there is preferential treatment for students who excel in the sciences. Is this true?
- No one from either the French or American side has contacted me since the beginning of the year about Seconde. Should I worry?
- If my child does poorly on the Brevet exam, will that impact his/her chances of continuing in Seconde at the Lycée?
- How does the “passage” process work?
- When are families notified of the final decision regarding the “passage”?