Eleventh Grade / 1ère Application Details
Bilingual: 80% French and 20% American, consisting of five hours of Language and Literature and three hours of History.
Class Size : three classes of 18-20 students each (Lycée International campus only).
Estimated number of places available next year: 0-2 places bilingual students only.
- Age: Candidates must be born in 2007 to enroll in this class. (16 years old)
- Level of English: Applicants must possess native-level English (spoken, written, comprehension) to be considered for the program. We do not have a classe d’accueil for local French students.
- Level of French : Applicants must possess native-level French (spoken, written, comprehension) to be considered for the program. We do not have a French-immersion program at this grade level.
- Students transferring from other BFI (Baccalauréat Français International) schools will have priority for placement.
Class specific information about the Eleventh Grade (Première) curriculum is available here.
Due to the recent French baccalauréat reforms, students must now choose two spécialités among eight possibilities in eleventh grade (Première). The Lycée International offers the following choices:
- Langues-Littérature-Cultures Etrangères (LLCE)
- Histoire-Géographie-Géopolitique et Sciences Politiques (HGGSP)
- Humanités-Littérature-Philosophie (HLP)
- Science Numérique- Science Informatiques (NSI)
- Science de la Vie et de la Terre (SVT)
- Science Economiques et Sociales (SES)
Applications should be submitted online via the American Section website between December 1 and January 15 for the following school year.
A written test is required for all candidates. An individual interview may be scheduled at a later date for selected candidates as part of a second round of assessments.
- Local candidates: Testing will take place on-site at the Lycée International on Wednesday afternoon February 1, 2023. Details will be sent to candidates on January 23, 2023.
- Overseas candidates: Group testing will take place online in January and February. Information will be sent to you once your file has been submitted.
French Immersion/Français Spécial
Our French immersion program is not available at this grade level due to the required baccalaureate examinations. Candidates must be bilingual English/French in order to apply.
All students in Première are enrolled full-time at the Lycée International.
- cover letter
- birth certificate
- dossier d’inscription form
- grade reports (three years including the current year)
- two writing samples
- CNED reports (if necessary)
- curriculum information
- two recommendations (English teacher and Head of School).
Complete instructions are available online once you log in.
- December 1 - January 15 - application file submitted
- February / April - testing
June - acceptances for the Upper School