Kindergarten / GS Application Details
page updated September 23, 2022
Bilingual: (25% American and 75% French); six hours of American instruction per week
- American Section class schedule: Tuesday afternoons and Friday mornings
- American Section class size: 16
- Estimated number of places available for 2023-24: 0-2
- Location: Lycée campus
Class specific information about the Kindergarten (GS) curriculum available here.
- Age: Candidates must be born in 2018 to enroll in this class (5 years old).
- Level of English: Applicants must possess native-level English and an age-appropriate vocabulary.
Most students in this class will be enrolled as externés. This means that a student will come to the Lycée two half-days per week for their American Section classes and the rest of the time they will attend their local French preschool.
All candidates will be tested. The assessments are conducted in English and are administered individually by one of our teachers. During the test, your child will be asked to:
- look at some pictures and identify them
- play a few games
- listen to a story and talk about it with the teacher
The test lasts approximately 40 minutes.
Testing will take place in March or April and will be conducted in person whenever possible. Online testing is also available for families who live overseas.
French Immersion/Français Spécial
- December 1 - January 31: application file submitted online.
- March-April: testing
- May: acceptances sent
- cover letter
- birth certificate
- dossier d’inscription form
Complete instructions are available online once you log in.